Falooda keeps your mind sane and cool.
Just like knowledge brings genius out of fools.?
I am so excited to share falooda recipe with you guys today. This is my most favorite recipe that I make in summer whenever I crave for some dessert. Its very delicious and yummy beverage dessert that is flavored with Rose syrup. Key ingredients are sabja seeds(aka basil seeds), vermicelli aka falooda sev, sweetened milk, rose syrup and ice cream.
Falooda is a cold dessert with origins in the Indian subcontinent and Iran. It is a version of the Iranian faloodeh. Traditionally it is made from mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, sweet basil (sabza/takmaria) seeds with milk, often served with ice cream.
This chilled drink-dessert is the perfect way to cool off in the summer heat.
- 2 teaspoons Basil seeds (Sabja seeds or Falooda seeds)
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- handful Falooda Sev
- 2 tablespoons Rose Syrup
- 2 scoops Ice cream
- few Pistachios chopped for garnishing
- few Rose petals for garnishing (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION
- Soak basil seeds in the water for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain them.
- Meanwhile take milk and sugar in the pan. Let it come to a boil on medium heat.
- And then lower the heat and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Then chill it in the refrigerator. Milk becomes little thick.
STEP-1 :- Take two glasses. Add spoonful of basil seeds to it.
STEP-2 :- Then on top add cooked falooda sev.
STEP-3 :- Then add 1 tablespoon of rose syrup in each glass.
STEP-4 :- Pour the milk in it. Some basil seeds will float on top.
SREP-5 :- Then add a scoop of ice cream.
STEP-6 :- Garnish it with chopped pistachios and rose petals.
In the world full of ice-creams.
Be someone’s “RASMALAI”
Rasmalai is my favorite Indian sweet by miles. As a kid I wasn’t very fond of sweets but Rasmalai was my absolute favorite. Maybe because it’s so delicious or maybe because we didn’t get to eat it that regularly compared to other sweets. Rasmalai is a royal sweet often served in weddings and eaten on special occasions. I thought of making a post to talk about how to make perfectly soft rasmalais at home. I hope it will be helpful for the readers.
FOR CHENNA / PANEER:
- 1 litre milk, full cream cows milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 8 cups water
FOR RABRI / RABDI:
- 1 litre milk, full cream cows / buffalo milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 7 pistachios, chopped
- 5 almonds, chopped
- 10 cashews, chopped
CHENNA / PANEER RECIPE:
- firstly, boil milk.
- Additionally, add lemon juice and stir till milk curdles completely.
- drain the curdled milk and squeeze off excess water.
- after 30 minutes, start to knead the paneer for 10 minutes.
- furthermore, make small balls and flatten. keep aside.
SUGAR SYRUP RECIPE:
- firstly, take sugar and water.
- boil the syrup for 10 minutes.
- after that, drop the prepared paneer balls.
- cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- furthermore, squeeze of sugar syrup.
RABRI / RABDI RECIPE:
- firstly, heat milk and get to a boil.
- once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel.
- repeat the process for atleast 5 times or till milk reduces to one-third.
- further, add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk.
- give a good mix and get to boil.
- scrape off the collected cream from sides. and give a good stir.
- further, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- firstly, pour the chilled rabri / rabdi over the squeezed paneer balls.
- finally garnish with few chopped nuts and allow to absorb for 2 hours.
- finally, rasmalai is ready to be served.